- This role is suitable for students age 16 and above
- We are looking for a hardworking and likeable character to join our well established at Latimers within our award winning Seafood Deli
- A good sense of humour and a good work ethic are very important
- The right attitude, willingness to learn new skills, honesty, good time keeping and nice personality are important for this job
- You must like and be interested in fish, seafood and shellfish
- As Latimer’s is a small family business all staff have to help out wherever and whatever is needed, so you must be flexible.
- Excellent Customer Service
- To serve customers at our fish counter knowledgeably and with a smile.
- You must be able to learn how to advise customers on preparing their fish, different ways to cook it, offer recipe advice – therefore you must be genuinely interested in finding out this information and eating seafood yourself.
- We must be able to trust you to handle cash and card transactions properly.
- Food Hygiene
- To learn the different aspects of food safety associated with fish and shellfish and to safely carry out your duties, protecting yourself, other members of staff and very importantly our customers
- Preparation of our foodstuffs
- Be willing to learn to assist with the dressing of crab & lobsters, cooking and chilling of a variety of shellfish and preparation of fish
- You must be regularly available and prepared to work at weekends, bank holidays and within your school holidays
- Our ideal candidate would be able to also work one day during the week also around their studies
- You will be required to work at least 1 full shift per week
- Latimers is a fast paced, busy and physical work place, you must be able to cope well with 8+ hours on your feet!
Please obtain & complete our application form:
When fully completed please return via email, post or in person to:
Mrs Ailsa Latimer email: email@example.com
Re: Cafe Vacancies
Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us, due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.
Good Luck & Best Fishes!