For this position we want outgoing people with an enthusiasm for food. It’s a really important role within the company – we take a lot of time and care sourcing and preparing excellent quality produce and you will be our point of contact with our customers, so you must be confident talking to people about this.
- Must be able to work at weekends
- You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service
- There will be seafood preparation involved but we will teach you what you need to know
- Also will be responsible for maintaining high levels of food safety
- These jobs do involve making the commitment to work for us one day at the weekend and extra shifts during school holidays for at least until Septmeber 2017
- Normal opening hours 8am-6pm Tuesday – Sunday and also on Mondays during School Holidays
- We are open and you are expected to be available to work on all bank holidays except Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Day
- If your application is successful, please note that time off / holiday requests have to be authorised, but may not be granted (e.g. peak season / other staff already have holiday booked)
- Whitburn is on the coast between South Shields and Sunderland. There is a bus route that passes outside our door that links to South Shields, Sunderland and Seaburn Metro Station
- Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
- Working for a local family business, which supports our local economy
- Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
- Employee Record of Achievement Certificate – perfect to go alongside your CV
- Lunch provided at weekends
- Free parking
- Opportunity to join our coastal rowing team and row our St Ayles Skiff “Latimers Ledja” in competitions all over the country!
If you’re raring to start and think you’d fit straight into our team, please complete our application form.
Application forms can also be collected in our shop and returned to:
Mrs Ailsa Latimer
Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us, due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.
Good Luck & Best Fishes!