For the oyster enthusiast out there! This set features a moulded rubber grip tray to hold the oyster firmly in place, while the oyster knife (with a stainless steel blade and nylon ridged handle) twists to open the oyster more easily, keeping the oyster water in its shell. The best kit we’ve found out there to help you open oysters like a pro (we use these sets in store!)
Happy to give demo’s in store of how to “shuck” – or watch our handy video!
When you buy oysters – the shells should be shut or will close when tapped – this shows they are still live
Get them home, out of their bag and into the fridge asap:
• Place them in a bowl / deep tray with curved shell downward
• Cover with a damp cloth or wet newspaper
• Pop them in the fridge between 1-4C
• Do not immerse in water or put in an airtight container
Before eating make sure the oysters are still live – check the shell is still shut, discard any that won’t shut when tapped, smell off or have damaged shells
Oysters should be eaten as soon as possible (within 24 hours) after they have been “shucked” (opened)
So if you feel able, we would recommend you shuck them yourself at home!
• We’re happy to show you how to shuck your oysters – just ask when you collect them
• We also sell oyster opening kits here – these handy tools are perfect for the job!
If you do buy them ready shucked (opened) make sure:
• The oysters stay horizontal to keep the oyster covered in its own juices.
• Keep away from other food (best to store on the shelf above other raw food so they can’t drip onto your oysters)
• Eat as soon as you can – max 24 hours
Order book will close on Tuesday 18th December at noon – don’t miss out, order now!
Once we’ve started preparing your order it cannot be changed or cancelled, for Christmas orders this is several days in advance. An admin fee will apply.
All our seafood is subject to availability, in big seas our amazing fishermen may not be able to catch it! We reserve the right to exchange products if need be
Apart from at Christmas we may be able to work on less than 48 hours notice to provide our seafood platters – please give us call to see if this is possible!
Click and Collect only
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Tuesday - Sunday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Closed on Mondays
Tuesday 18th - Sunday 23rd December 8.30am-5.30pm
Christmas Eve 7am - 3.30pm
Closed Christmas & Boxing Day
Thursday 27th~ Sunday 30th December 8.30am-5pm
New Years Eve 8am-3.30pm
Closed New Years Day
Wednesday 2nd January - Sunday 6th January 8.30am - 5.30pm