Homemade Fish Fingers and Chips #TrickyFishy
This quick and easy dish is great for getting kids into fish. Get Latimers to fillet and de-bone your fish and cut into goujons and tell the kids they’re fish fingers!
Latimers Shopping List:
- Fillets of White fish; Cod, Haddock, Whiting, Hake, Halibut, Lemon Sole, Plaice – whatever has been caught and is in your budget (Latimers can double check the fillet for bones and cut into goujons if you want them too)
- Tartar Sauce
- Coat the fish in flour, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs; a few pieces at a time, making sure all the fish is coated thoroughly.
- At this point, they can be frozen at. Spread out on a tray lined with cling film, pop in the freezer. When frozen package up into bags. (Great for time poor parents in need of quick teas!)
- Shallow fry in a hot pan for 1-2 min’s depending on the thickness of the fillet or place on non-stick baking tray, spray with oil and bake in a moderate hot oven 5-10mins (from frozen 10-15mins).
- *For fairly healthy chips; chip & par boil a good chipping potato, drain well, toss in some oil and place on a non stick oiled baking tray. Bake in a moderate/hot oven for 15-20 min’s until golden brown.
- Serve with peas and tartar sauce!