Job Opportunities at Latimers Seafood Cafe
Cafe Manager Preferably full time, min 30hrs per week
Experienced Staff: Café Front of House – full or part time
Experienced Staff: Chef /Kitchen Staff – full or part time
Café Assistant Full or part time
Apprentices Please see separate webpage post
Latimers Seafood Deli and Cafe is an award winning, family run business based on a stunning site overlooking the sea in the pretty coastal village of Whitburn, South Tyneside. We are renowned for our superb variety of fresh, local fish and shellfish – to complement our seafood deli we opened the seafood cafe in 2012, business has grown well and the café continues to be a success.
The cafe uses the best local seafood, serves delicious homemade cakes and scones and does great coffee and hot chocolates – we are looking for people who can make all that happen! We require a dedicated team who completely believe and understand in the quality and provenance of the food they serve.
Salary – Competitive, depending on experience + bonus opportunities
As cafe manager you will not only focus on making fantastic food and great customer service happen, but the business side of things too – managing costs, resources, dealing with suppliers and making sure you lead, develop and manage the team in achieving goals as set out by the owners.
Expectations will be high, as will the standards of food safety to which you will be working.
This role would suit an experienced catering/hospitality manager who is passionate about food and has had previous experience within cafe environment or a strong Assistant Manager who is ready to take the step up to a position where they will take accountability.
Experience of working within a busy team is essential, you must have strong business management skills and be very much focused on results – both culinary and financial. Your stable work history and bubbly, out-going personality will help you secure this role. The customer base is largely regular and your ability to nurture relationships is imperative to the growth of the cafe. The real key is to completely understand the workings of a busy fresh food business and commercial acumen is paramount.
Experienced Café Front of House and Chef /Kitchen Staff
Ideally we are looking for:
- A dynamic and friendly person who can prepare and present mouth-watering food
- AND who can take great care in customer service
- WHILST working to our standard of excellent food safety.
However if you have only kitchen or front of house experience please don’t let that put you off applying!
- Someone who will thrive in a busy environment – 8 hours on your feet…
- You must be willing to work with seafood!
- Ideally you will be working at a senior level or be ready to step up to a senior role.
- With a good work ethic & friendly personality
- The fact that your career is working within the food industry is the key to securing this job
- You must be able to work all weekends, but the good news is we are rarely opening in the evening!
- Prepare and present mouth-watering food & drinks (training given)
- Take great care in looking after our customers
- Work to our standard of excellent food safety
- Thrive in a busy environment – 8 hours on your feet…
- You must be willing to work with seafood!
- Experience is desired although not necessary
- You must be able to work all weekends
Information about part time hours
We can offer 16 hours per week, we need cover over our busy lunch time periods, so can offer shifts from 11am-3pm during both the week and weekends. We can also offer flexible roles – where your hours fit the needs of the business.
We also offer positions that are for weekend and school holiday cover – which are ideal for students.
- These jobs do involve working at the weekend and on bank holidays.
- Normal opening hours 8am-6pm Tuesday – Sunday and also on Mondays during School Holidays
- We are open on all bank holidays except Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Day
- Whitburn is on the coast between South Shields and Sunderland. There is a bus route that passes outside our door that links to South Shields, Sunderland and Seaburn Metro Station
- Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
- Working for a local family business, which supports our local economy
- Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
- Pension scheme
- Lunch provided at weekends
- Free parking
- Opportunity to join our coastal rowing team and row our St Ayles Skiff “Latimers Ledja” in competitions all over the country!
Download and complete our application form to return by email: Latimers Job Application form (Computer completion)
Download Application form as a PDF and return by hand / post: Job Application Form
Or collect one from our shop
Return Application Forms:
- By hand
- By email email@example.com
- By post:
Mrs Ailsa Latimer
Latimers Seafood Ltd
Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us, due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.
Good Luck & Best Fishes!