Latimers Seafood is a successful and award winning fishmonger and cafe business, with a 5 star food hygiene rating. We are situated right on the beach at Whitburn, in South Tyneside.
We’re looking for some talented, enthusiastic people with an avid interest in food. We expect all of our staff to be hardworking, committed, enthusiastic, professional and have great time-keeping skills. Along with food, customer service is our passion and we strive to provide a super experience for each and every customer we meet.
We have vacancies for full time, part-time and weekend / school holiday staff – which suits people still in education. The positions are in both our café and shop.
For this position we want outgoing people with an enthusiasm for food. It’s a really important role within the company – we take a lot of time and care sourcing and preparing excellent quality produce and you will be our point of contact with our customers, so you must be confident talking to people about this.
As well as joining an experienced and brilliant team, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the fish quays, meet our fishermen and see all aspects of our business.
- Must be able to work at weekends
- You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service
- There will be seafood preparation involved but we can teach you what you need to know
- Also will be responsible for maintaining high levels of food safety
The cafe uses the best local seafood, serves delicious homemade cakes and scones and does great coffee and hot chocolates – these jobs are for people who can make all that happen! We have a dedicated team who completely believe and understand in the quality and provenance of the food they serve.
Prepare and present mouth-watering food & drinks (training given)
- Take great care in looking after our customers
- Work to our standard of excellent food safety
- Thrive in a busy environment – 8 hours on your feet…
- You must like seafood
- Experience is desired although not necessary
- You must be able to work all weekends
- These jobs do involve working at the weekend
- Normal opening hours 8am-6pm Tuesday – Sunday and also on Mondays during School Holidays
- We are open on all bank holidays except Christmas, Boxing and New Years Day
- Whitburn is on the coast between South Shields and Sunderland. There is a bus route that passes outside our door that links to South Shields, Sunderland and Seaburn Metro Station
- Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
- Working for a local family business, which supports our local economy
- Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
- Pension scheme
- Lunch provided at weekends
- Free parking
- Opportunity to join our coastal rowing team and row our St Ayles Skiff “Latimers Ledja” in competitions all over the country!
If you’re raring to start and think you’d fit straight into our team, please complete our application form.
Collect one from our shop
Or download a PDF Job Application Form to hand complete and drop back to us
Or download a digital version Latimers Job Application form (Computer completion) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Ailsa Latimer
Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us, due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.
Good Luck & Best Fishes!