We are currently recruiting in our Seafood Deli for:
We need staff who have an avid interest in seafood, food safety and customer service
Team leader- shop, full time, permanent
Fishmonger / Shop Assistant, full time, permanent
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic person with an avid interest in food. Although ideally you will have experience with seafood or as a fishmonger, a love of fish and seafood or a passion to learn about it is more important, as we can teach you all you need to know.
Our team leaders are integral in helping with the day to day running of the business. This role is within our shop / seafood deli and the successful candidate will work alongside our shop assistant manager and owners Robert and Ailsa Latimer to ensure that our shop / seafood deli is run in an efficient and professional manner. Our cafe and shop teams work closely together and this role fits into our leadership team which also consists of a cafe team leader and assistant cafe manager.
Our team leaders are expected to be able to lead our team and efficiently manage shifts as needed and should be confident and capable in a retail or food setting with a proven track record of impeccable customer service.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist in leading and inspiring the team on a daily basis ensuring they are fully briefed of what needs to be achieved and make sure that they achieve it!
- Continually building upon company and product knowledge & ensure the team are kept up to date and informed on all products.
- We fillet, boil, dress, prepare, smoke and pickle a massive array of seafood, you will need to become an expert in these roles (we can give you all the training you need).
- Be a good role model, demonstrate the best possible level of customer service and ensure our customers receive it from everyone at all times.
- Deal effectively with customer queries and complaints
- Ensure adherence to our very high standards of food safety, becoming an expert in our HACCP
- Make certain all retail and preparation areas are clean, tidy and well presented.
- Highlight any products which are running low and make sure they are re-ordered.
- Stock control; rotation, restock and remerchandise the store
- Handle cash and card transactions in a safe and secure manner and end of day till reconciliation.
- Overseeing the safety and security of colleagues and the public, ensuring correct use of PPE and following health and safety guidelines
- You will be a main point of contact with our customers and will in many ways become the face of the store. Therefore you should be confident and competent in this environment and must have some previous management (or supervisor) experience.
- You must be willing and able to work at weekends & bank holidays
- Latimers is a fast paced, busy and physical work place, you must be able to cope well with 8+ hours on your feet!
- We expect all of our staff to be hardworking, committed, enthusiastic, professional and have great time-keeping skills
- Normal opening hours 8am-6pm Tuesday – Sunday and also on Mondays during School Holidays
- As well as joining an experienced and brilliant team, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the fish quays, meet our fisherman and see all aspects of our business.
- Good career development opportunities
- Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
- A chance to be part of an established, local, family business which supports our local economy
- Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
- Pension scheme
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Guaranteed to have Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Days off!
- Lunch provided at weekends
- Free parking
- Opportunity to join our coastal rowing team and row our St Ayles Skiff “Latimers Ledja” in competitions all over the country
- Salary, competitive and annual bonus opportunity
Fishmonger / Shop Assistant
Qualifications and Skills
Ideally you will have experience of filleting flat and round fish, dressing shellfish, smoking fish and pickling seafood. However, training will be given
We take a lot of time and care sourcing and preparing excellent quality produce and you’ll be our point of contact with our customers – you must be confident talking to people, especially about our delicious produce. There will be seafood preparation involved but we can teach you what you need to know – you’ll be learning from the best!
You will be responsible for maintaining high levels of food safety – you must have a basic sound knowledge of food hygiene. Training will also be given.
Along with food, customer service is our passion and we strive to provide a super experience for each and every customer we meet, so you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service.
Must be willing and able to work at weekends and on bank holidays
We expect all our staff to be hardworking, committed, enthusiastic, professional and have great time-keeping skills.
As a small family business, we work as team, this means you need to be willing to take on any role that is asked of you.
• Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
• Guaranteed Christmas, Boxing and New Years Day off
• Working for a local family business, which supports our local economy
• Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
• Pension scheme
• Lunch provided at weekends
• Free parking
• Opportunity to join our coastal rowing team and row our St Ayles Skiff “Latimer Ledja” in competitions all over the country!
To Apply for either postion
If you think you’d enjoy working with us, please download and complete our Full / Part Time Application Form
Return your completed form:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it off in person
- Post to: Mrs Ailsa Latimer,
Shell Hill, Bents Road
Whitburn, Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us, due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.