Full time (42½ hours per week)
Salary – £18,200 – £19,500 (depending on experience)
Latimers Seafood is a successful and award-winning, family run seafood business, with a 5-star food hygiene rating, situated right on the beach at Whitburn in South Tyneside.
We are looking for an experienced fishmonger with excellent food safety awareness and customer service skills. We take a lot of time and care sourcing and preparing excellent quality produce, you need to able to meet our exacting standards
- Fish and seafood identification
- Good husbandry skills showing complete understanding of all fish, crustaceans and molluscs care needs
- Filleting all types of fish and seafood, obtaining maximum yields by using your proven knife skills.
- Cooking and dressing a wide variety of shellfish – e.g. crab, lobster, oysters, winkles and langoustines
- Sound understanding of how to maintain quality of all fish and shellfish
- Display and product presentation. Setting up and maintaining exceptional seafood counter displays throughout day
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of food safety
- Basic sound knowledge of food hygiene, including awareness of current legislation
- Precise record keeping skills
- Training in our internal HACCP will also be given.
- Must have had experience in delivering outstanding customer service
- Sound product knowledge and the ability to discuss this confidently with our lovely customers
- Competent and trustworthy with customer cash and card transactions
- Experience in smoking fish (training can be provided)
- Experienced at pickling seafood (training can be provided)
- Clean driving licence
- Eager to share your specialist skill set onto others
- Must be willing and able to work at weekends and on bank holidays
- We expect all our staff to be hardworking, committed, enthusiastic, professional and have great time-keeping skills
- As a small family business, we work as team, this means you need to be willing to take on any role that is required
- 6 weeks paid holiday per year
- Fantastic atmosphere and working environment
- Guaranteed Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Day off
- Working for a local family business supporting our local fishermen and economy
- Full training, including food hygiene, health and safety as standard
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
If you think you’d enjoy working with us, please complete our “Latimers Job Application form Full or Part Time”
(Please note CV’s are not accepted)
Return your completed form by either:
- Email: email@example.com
- Drop it off in person,
- Post to: Mrs Ailsa Latimer,
Shell Hill, Bents Road
Whitburn, Tyne and Wear
Many thanks for your interest in working with us. Due to high numbers of applications we will only be in contact with candidates we wish to interview.
Good Luck & Best Fishes!