For order and collection information click here
When you buy oysters – the shells should be shut or will close when tapped – this shows they are still live
Get them home, out of their bag and into the fridge asap:
• Place them in a bowl / deep tray with curved shell downward
• Cover with a damp cloth or wet newspaper
• Pop them in the fridge between 1-4C
• Do not immerse in water or put in an airtight container
Before eating make sure the oysters are still live – check the shell is still shut, discard any that won’t shut when tapped, smell off or have damaged shells
Oysters should be eaten as soon as possible (within 24 hours) after they have been “shucked” (opened)
So if you feel able, we would recommend you shuck them yourself at home!
• We’re happy to show you how to shuck your oysters – just ask when you collect them
• We also sell oyster opening kits here – these handy tools are perfect for the job!
If you do buy them ready shucked (opened) make sure:
• The oysters stay horizontal to keep the oyster covered in its own juices.
• Keep away from other food (best to store on the shelf above other raw food so they can’t drip onto your oysters)
• Eat as soon as you can – max 24 hours