We Require an Apprentice Fishmonger
To start in July 2011
This is a Full-Time position
- Salary: starting at the national minimum set wage for apprentices
- Training and assessments will be carried out in house and also by the North East Chamber of Commerce to gain a NVQ Level 2 in Retail and the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- We are looking for a hard working and likeable character to join our well established fishmongering team here at Latimers.
- A good sense of humour and a good work ethic are very important
- Academic Qualifications are not necessarily required – the right attitude, willingness to learn new skills, honesty and nice personality are considered of greater importance for this job.
- You must like and be interested in fish, seafood and shellfish
- As Latimer’s is a small family business all staff have to help out wherever and whatever is needed, so you must be flexible and a good time keeper.
- To learn the art of fishmongering;
- how to fillet and prepare all kinds of fish
- fish identification
- preparing and cooking shellfish – crab, lobsters, winkles, langoustines etc
- learn the skills of smoking fish
- To learn the different aspects of food safety associated with fish and shellfish and to safely carry out your duties, protecting yourself, other members of staff and very importantly our customers
- To serve customers your fish. You must learn to be able to advise customers on how to prepare their fish, different ways to cook it, offer recipe advice – therefore you must be genuinely interested in finding out this information and eating seafood yourself. We must be able to trust you to handle cash and card transactions.
For more information on Apprenticeships – visit the National Apprenticeship Website
If you are interested in applying for the above position please can you forward your details; name, address, contact phone numbers and include a CV if you have one to:
Mrs A Latimer
Tyne and Wear
Or email: email@example.com