Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 600g ( generous portion) monkfish, swordfish or cod
- 12 slices of pancetta
- 200g mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml dry white wine
- 400-600g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to. 220C.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water.
- Cut fish into chunks and thread onto skewers (1 or 2 skewers per person)
- Wrap the slices of pancetta round the fish
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the mushrooms with a pinch of salt for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in the garlic then the wine and cook on a high heat for 1 minute
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish and cook for about 30minutes
- Put the skewers on top of the sauce and Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the fish is cooked and the pancetta is crispy
- Remove the skewers and put on a plate. Add basil and creme fraiche to the sauce. Put the skewers on top again and serve
Serve with either rice, sauté potatoes or crusty bread
This recipe was sent in by one of our lovely customers Catherine – Thank you!