Latimers Lemon Sole (Almost) Veronique
Skinned and boned Lemon Sole fillets (1-2 per person)
A glass (or two) of Dry White Wine
150ml/5fl oz double cream
Bunch of seedless green grapes
Flaked sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Roll the lemon sole fillets up (like a swiss roll) & place in a single layer in a buttered shallow ovenproof dish.
- Dot with pieces of butter.
- Pour a glass of dry white over the fish, cover with a piece of buttered tin foil (we save old butter wrappers for this!).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until just cooked.
- Once removed from oven, carefully pour the liquid from the dish into a frying pan.
- Cover the fish with the foil and pop back in the oven to keep warm (turn the oven off).
- Reduce the liquid in the frying pan by boiling it for a couple of minutes, then add the cream & simmer. Pop the grapes in for 1 minute & season with salt and pepper
- Remove the fish from the oven and gently pour over the sauce.
- Serve immediately.