Makes 8 ~ As seen on BBC Countryfile
2 salmon filets
100 prawns chopped small
5 spring onions chopped with greens
handful of fresh parsley chopped or 2tsp dried parsley
1tsp ground black pepper
1tsp chilli flakes
50g panko bread crumbs plus extra for coating
half juice of lemon
half zest of lemon
3tsp olive oil plus extra for shallow frying
- Place the salmon on the baking tray and drizzle 3tsp oil and cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 200C
- In a large bowl add chopped prawns, spring onions, parsley, pepper, chilli flakes, salt, lemon juice, zest of lemon. Mix and keep aside.
- Remove the fish from the oven and leave it to cool, once cool crumble the fish. Add the panko crumbs and combine everything properly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal balls, then press and flatten each into a thick disc. Cover each side with panko crumbs. Repeat with all the balls.
- Heat the oil in a pan, reducing the heat to medium once the oil is hot. Cook the fish cakes in batches. Cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with a leafy salad.